The Law Offices of Douglas H. Ridley Instantly connect with our office (805) 918-6080
Ventura Criminal Defense Attorney Attorney Profiles Case Results Testimonials Criminal Defense Contact Us
We a compassionate and dedicated firm. We can help you through this. Learn how a Former Deputy District Attorney can help make a difference in your case. Learn about the criminal process and understand the rights you have. Fill out our free case evaluation to get started today.
Criminal Defense
Criminal Defense
Drug Crimes
Juvenile Crimes
Major Felonies
Theft Offenses
Sex Crimes
Violent Crimes
White Collar Crimes
Traffic Offenses
Reckless Driving
Firearms Offenses
Vehicular Manslaughter
Third Strike Charges
Criminal Defense FAQ
Proudly Serving
Contact Us
Free Case Evaluation
Criminal Defense Law Blog

Ventura County Expungement Lawyer

Why should I have a conviction removed from my record?

After being convicted of a crime, you may find it difficult to obtain certain jobs or even, in some sex crime cases, to find housing due to restrictions on where you can live. Once you have a mark on your criminal record, any potential employers will be able to see your crime through a background check and decide whether or not they want to hire you given your status as a convicted criminal. In most cases, they will look for someone else. This situation may seem hopeless, but in some cases, a solution may be available in the form of expungement.

How to Obtain an Expungement

In essence, an expungement seals the records of your conviction so that no one - not even employers or government employees - can view them when searching state and federal records. It becomes as though you never committed the crime at all! In addition to criminal convictions, an expungement also can be granted for bench warrants, which result from failure to appear in court. In order to have a record or warrant expunged, however, you must meet certain requirements.

First of all, you must fulfill the conditions of your probation. If you were not granted probation, you cannot obtain an expungement. Likewise, if you violated your probation and were required to serve the remainder of your jail or prison sentence, you are not eligible to have the crime expunged from your record. Once you have successfully completed your probation or have been granted an early release, contact a Ventura County criminal defense attorney to help you take the next steps.

According to California Penal Code § 1203.4, a person who meets the above requirements may petition the court to withdraw their plea of guilt or no contest and replace it with a plea of not guilty. This means that it will become as though that person were never convicted of the crime. It is important to have a knowledgeable criminal defense lawyer to help you draft a strong petition, so contact The Law Offices of Douglas H. Ridley today if you need to request an expunction.

Contact an Expungement Attorney from Our Firm

With the counsel of an attorney from our firm, you could successfully petition to have a crime erased from your record, freeing you from any future career restrictions. Find out if you are eligible and obtain the assistance you need by calling our offices or contacting us online.

You deserve to have a fresh start, so contact The Law Offices of Douglas H. Ridley today!

Follow us on facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Ventura Office:
3875 Telegraph Rd.
Ventura, CA 93003
(805) 208-1866
Simi Valley Office:
2655 First St.
Simi Valley, CA 93065
(805) 208-1866

The Law Offices of Douglas H. Ridley - Ventura Criminal Defense Attorney
Located at 3875 Telegraph Road A131 Ventura, CA 93003. View Map
Phone: (805) 208-1866